Local Attractions and Amenities
Remember, we are only A Stones Throw away from home!
There is no place like Southern Alberta! A Stones Throw RV Campground is situated almost equally between Lethbridge and Calgary! Between two major urban centres there is a lot to do in between! For Example, over 22 Golf Courses can be found between these two cities!!!
The Village of Milo – Only 5 Minutes away!
- Milo Green Goods Grocery Store
- Milo Cottage Restaurant – Western-Chinese-Pizza Dine-in or Take-Out!
- Library – Summer Reading Programs Available
- Hotel & Saloon – Wing Nights, ATM machine, friendly staff with off sales liquor
- ATB Bank
- Co-op Gas & Diesel
- Lions Park – NEW Playground!
- Business Technology Centre
- The Milo Community Hall – Open for Rentals!
- Post Office
- Baseball Diamonds
- Annual Beach Volleyball Tournament
- Milo Lions Annual Barbecue the second Sunday of August where there is a Show’n’Shine, Craft Fair, Slow Pitch Tournament and Beer Garden!
- Keep informed and Subscribe to the local Milo Can Opener Newsletter!
Lake McGregor – Only 7 Minutes away!
- For boating enthusiasts, A Stones Throw RV Campground is minutes away from one of Alberta’s largest man made reservoirs Lake McGregor, running over 40 km long and 2 km wide!!! You can enjoy a day with the boat in the water, load your boat and within a few minutes you’ve parked it on your site, the BBQ is on with a glass in hand.
- Water Skiing
- Power Boating
- Rainbow Trout
Golf Enthusiasts rejoice Not including Calgary and Lethbridge City golf courses, there are over 22 beautiful golf courses surrounding A Stones Throw RV Campground! YES we allow Golf Carts at A Stones Throw RV Campground too!
- Vulcan Golf And Country Club – golfvulcan.ca
- Highwood Golf – highwoodgolf.com
- River’s Edge Golf Club – okotoks.golf
- Crystal Ridge Golf Club – crystalridgegolf.com
- D’Arcy Ranch Golf Club – darcyranchgolf.com
- Turner Valley Golf Club – turnervalleygolf.com
- Nanton Golf Club – nantongolfclub.ca
- The Bridges at Claresholm Golf Course – golfclaresholm.com
- Serenity Golf Club – serenitygolf.com
- HeatherGlen Golf Course – bouldercreek.ca
- Bassano Sage & Thistle Golf & Country Club – bassano.ca
- Brooks Golf Course – brooksgolfclub.ca
- Strathmore Golf Club – strathmoregolfclub.com
- Oxbow Country Golf Course – oxbowcountrygc.ca
- Rolling Hills Golf & Country Club – rollinghills.ca
- Carseland Speargrass Golf Course – speargrass.ca
- Meadows Executive Par 3 Golf Course – meadowsgolf.ca
- Duchess Golf Club – Click Here
- Enchant Golf Club – (403) 739-3771
- Vauxhall Golf & Country Club – vauxhallgolf.com
- Keho Park Golf Club – kehopark.ca
- Picture Butte Golf and Winter Club – picturebuttegolf.com
The Town of Vulcan is just over half an hour away with many local businesses. You might even run into Spock! Guests of A Stones Throw RV Campground enjoy the NEW outdoor swimming pool with it’s incredible with two slides, rock climbing wall, Hot Tub and more!
- Wolfe’s Home Hardware
- UFA Farm & Ranch Supply Store
20 minutes North guests will discover the Blackfoot Crossing Historical Park.
- Open 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Step back centuries by respectfully visiting the Majorville Cairn and Medicine Wheel Site dated back to 3,200 BCE (over 5,200 years ago)
While you are back in time consider driving out to the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller
Another fantastic travel location is the Dinosaur Provincial Park along the Red Deer River, it is well worth the visit near Brooks.
Eagle Eyes rejoice there is the premier Milo Range, visit the Calgary and District Target Shooting Association for more information!
- Aspen Crossing
- Crowfoot Ferry
- Rose Bud
How are we different?
Private & Secure Seasonal RV Camping
Future Amenities Include
Have a Question?
We're ready to help!
Have a question? Call us or complete our contact form to get started.