Local Attractions and Amenities
Remember, we are only A Stones Throw away from home!
There is a lot of room and a lot of things to do at A Stones Throw RV Campground but it’s a big world out there, get out and enjoy what Southern Alberta has to Offer!
The Village of Milo – Only 5 Minutes away! – villageofmilo.ca
- Milo Green Goods Grocery Store
- Restaurant – Chinese or Pizza Dine-in or Take-Out, Buffet every Sunday!
- Library – Summer Reading Programs Available
- Hotel & Saloon – Wing Nights, ATM machine, friendly staff with off sales liquor
- ATB Bank
- Co-op Gas & Diesel
- Lions Park – NEW Playground
- The Milo Community Hall – Open to Rentals.
- Post Office
- Baseball diamonds
- Lutheran Church
- Annual Beach Volleyball Tournaments
- Milo Lions Annual Barbecue the second Sunday of August where there is a Show’n’Shine, Craft Fair, Slow Pitch Tournament and Beer Garden!
- Keep informed and Subscribe to the Milo Can Opener Newsletter!
- For those boating enthusiasts, A Stones Throw RV Campground is only 9 minutes away from one of Alberta’s largest man made reservoirs Lake McGregor, running over 40 km long and 2 km wide!!! You can enjoy a day with the boat in the water, load your boat and within a few minutes you’ve parked it on-site, the BBQ is on with a glass in hand.
- Water Skiing
- Power Boating
- lds Walleye
- Yellow Perch
- Lake Whitefish
- Rainbow Trout
- Northern Pike
Golf Enthusiasts rejoice there are plenty of great courses around us! Not including Calgary and Lethbridge City golf courses there are over 22 within an hours drive (or a little more than an hour).
- Vulcan Golf And Country Club – golfvulcan.ca
- Highwood Golf – highwoodgolf.com
- River’s Edge Golf Club – okotoks.golf
- Crystal Ridge Golf Club – crystalridgegolf.com
- D’Arcy Ranch Golf Club – darcyranchgolf.com
- Turner Valley Golf Club – turnervalleygolf.com
- Nanton Golf Club – nantongolfclub.ca
- The Bridges at Claresholm Golf Course – golfclaresholm.com
- Serenity Golf Club – serenitygolf.com
- Boulder Creek Golf Course – bouldercreek.ca
- Bassano Sage & Thistle Golf & Country Club – bassanogolf.com
- Brooks Golf Course – brooksgolfclub.ca
- Strathmore Golf Club – strathmoregolfclub.com
- Oxbow Country Golf Course – oxbowcountrygc.ca
- Rolling Hills Golf & Country Club – rollinghills.ca
- Carseland Speargrass Golf Course – speargrass.ca
- Meadows Executive Par 3 Golf Course – meadowsgolf.ca
- Duchess Golf Club – Click Here
- Enchant Golf Club – (403) 739-3771
- Vauxhall Golf & Country Club – vauxhallgolf.com
- Keho Park Golf Club – kehopark.ca
- Picture Butte Golf and Winter Club – picturebuttegolf.com
With great respect to the people of the Siksika Nation we encourage guests to drive 20 minutes North to the Blackfoot Crossing Historical Park.
Step back centuries by respectfully visiting the Majorville Cairn and Medicine Wheel Site dated back to 3,200 BCE (over 5,200 years ago)
While you are back in time consider driving out to the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller
The Town of Vulcan is just over half an hour away with many local businesses, you might run into Spock!
Eagle Eyes rejoice there is the premier Milo Range, visit the Calgary and District Target Shooting Association for more information!
- Aspen Crossing
- Crowfoot Ferry
- Rose Bud
How are we different?
Private & Secure Seasonal RV Camping
Have a Question?
We're ready to help!
Have a question? Call us or complete our contact form to get started.